RCU Forums - View Single Post - XY(Z) 26cc A-Spec Gas engine
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2008, 12:40 PM
mikeboyd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: XY(Z) 26cc A-Spec Gas engine

ORIGINAL: rfmullig

I just ordered the XY(Z) 50cc A spec. It should arrive within the next 2 weeks.
I will be mounting this on a 27% CAP 232. I am planning to break in this engine in with a 20x8 apc
and transition to a 21x8 Vess or Xoar. I will provide video.
Rob
I just ordered my second 50 about 5 days ago (2/14/08), still hasn't shipped, don't know what is taking so long, since I paid with PayPal.

My first one is on an Obsession, with a 18X8 Xoar prop, it pulls over 8 grand. I started with a 18X12, but was only pulling in the high sixes and low sevens. I felt this was lugging the engine too much during break-in. Any way, I don't have the prop clearance for a 20 or 21" prop at the rough, grass field we fly at. I liked this engines' easy starting and solid transition so much I ordered the second engine from HC for my new GP Giant Aeromaster. It looks like it will fit the airplane almost perfect, since the plane was designed for a Fuji 43 and these engine have very similar dimensions.

My XY 26 continues to break in and get stronger with each flight on my GB Wild Stick. It is set up with a 9 channel radio and is a favorite for almost everyone to fly at our Lake field at River City RC, here in San Antonio. I am still using the Evolution 18X6 prop, which seems to work very well with this airplane/engine combination.

Hope you enjoy you engine, when you get it.

Happy Landings,
Mike Boyd
AMA 7197