RCU Forums - View Single Post - Aerobird, unresponsive
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2003, 02:13 AM
YZ-212

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aerobird, unresponsive

I also have an aerobird and had a few initial crashes (first time flyer) and a few injuries to the plane. I read in another forum to try a wing from an xl bird so I gave it a try. It worked well and is stronger than the aerobird wing. Now I'm back flying with the normal aerobird wing and the practice with the xl wing helped alot. Also concerning your controll movements, they don't move that much only about 10 - 20 degrees. I think it helped when I found a good place to fly with a large area. That left me with a little piece of mind while flying. Now I can fly in a smaller area and still feel comfortable. The areobird isn't all to responsive especially when there is some wind. Once you give input to the controller you have to wait a little for response from the bird so think ahead. Also if your having trim problems try to adjust the tail sections per instructions before you adjust the trim on your controller.

All that said, the large flying area gave me the piece of mind to concentrate on flying and not worring about running into any thing.