RCU Forums - View Single Post - Wattage Live Wire, Whoohoooo
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2003, 05:11 PM
hack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wattage Live Wire, Whoohoooo

I just picked this plane up yesterday, on sale for $59. It has the same wing as the Crazy Max but with HUGE ailerons, rudder and elevator have huge counter balances on them, the gear box comes with bearings, and a great ratio. Fast built in 2 nights with mini micro servos and the 8cell 800mah NiM battery. Awesome high angle knife edge, flat spins, perfect inverted flight, perfectly straight when full throttle is given, no dive or lift tendencies like the crazy max. It actually looks like a real plane! The landing gear is pretty week, it folded on my first landing. The battery gets placed all the way forward against the firewall and I used 3 quarters to correct the CG.
The only beef I have with this plane is transporting it. The rudder and elevator will break very easily and the wing is epoxied to the fuse. Maybe we need to build a carrying suitcase for this plane.
I popped of the prop and tried to slope soar this plane....What a hoot. I was able to get great flight times on the slope, with great lift and speed. I had a crowd watching because I was able to do some inverted slope flying along with loops and rolls!! I did not put in a 5 channel RX so no mixing for me yet. I highly recommend this plane, not for beginners though.