RCU Forums - View Single Post - Testing a Tettras Fuel Tank:
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2008, 10:49 PM
Electriceddie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Testing a Tettras Fuel Tank:

Hi Guys,

I have been playing around with a new Tettras Fuel tank and a Jett Tanker which I just purchased. I have been practice fueling and de-fueling the set up to see how good it works and to get practice doing it for the up coming race season. OK, now that I have that under my belt, I have 2 questions.

Questions:

After my testing with water, I have a slight amount, a few drops or so of water in the fuel bag inside the case that I can't get out. With out disassembling the rubber stopper to drain out completely, can I fill the bag inside the case with some regular fuel and shake it up a bit, and then withdraw the fuel and water mix out and discard it?

Also is it safe to fill the bag with regular Isopropyl Alcohol instead of raw fuel to mix and discard? Is the rubber bag affected in anyway by Alcohol?

In an attempt to dilute the few drops of water into the Alcohol or raw fuel, remove it, and hopefully the rest of the microscopic amount of water / fuel mix evaporate over the next few weeks before the race season starts.

Thanks Again for all of your guidance and great help.

Ed