RCU Forums - View Single Post - Precision Aerobatics Addiction
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2008, 07:21 AM
kid chuckles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Precision Aerobatics Addiction

Well just got mine going again. Put her in on the nose a week or so back. Atlanta Hobby sent me a new motor box and cowl. Horizon Hobby sent me a new 480 motor ( greatest CS anywhere). Did not ask questions much just sent a new replacement motor.
Have flown it a couple different times and a couple times each visit. So i guess about 4 flights since fixing it. The new Cowl was a little tighter fit over the hatch than original but works. And everything else went fine.
This plane is so easy that you can't help just flying it lower and lower. I have drug the back wheel off once also. You can spot land this thing if any wind at all. It hovers so easy it makes you look good even though i am not lol.
Then if you want you can just fly it normal and have a great time also.
It just gives you so much confidence that within a few min. your low and slow lol.
Anyone that has not seen one actually in person would not believe the hype.
It may be exageratted just a tad but not much. The only thing is you are probabaly going to crash the little thing just because you will try stuff you would not try for a yr. with a bigger heavier plane. The Funtana X, and ones such as the Funtana do not measure up at all against this little green monster.
I have tried doing the things with other small elec's and they just are so much harder to do that with them I can't do some of the things i can with the Addiction.
The Eratix is close for the size and all also just a great 3D plane especially for the size. Big wings light wing loading my type plane.
Anyone else got this plane and getting radical with it? I can't do what the guys in the vids do but do alot more than i ever could before and do it alot
lower. And i will put it back into the ground again I know it.
A little pricey for such a small plane though. And i did not care much for some of the build process.