RCU Forums - View Single Post - fasst module for jr?
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2008, 05:39 PM
bruce88123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: fasst module for jr?

ORIGINAL: Zeeb

ORIGINAL: pilotpete2

It may be marketed by Robbe, but is is a Futaba FASST module
Pete
And your point is????

My point is that if it's Robbe's deal and if Futaba does not choose to offer it through their distribution network, then the only way you'll get one is if you buy it from one of Robbe's dealers, not that it isn't a Futaba FASST hardware/software implementation..[8D]

So say you get someone from across the pond to ship you a module, which power output rating will it have? I'm not sure of exactly what they'll be putting out since there are differences in the allowed transmission power output of SS systems between European countries and they are all lower than the USA. Nor am I aware of how Futaba handles that issue as I've not seen anything posted about it in the forums I peruse.

Now Spektrum has an interesting idea for that with the new DX6i tx's in that they come (at least in the Blade 400 helis) set to European power outputs and a note in the manual to change it to US power outputs if you're using it here. Some of the Spektrum/JR support guys have said you can use the lower power output without problems, but I wonder why it has two if that is the case? And from the European regulator's position, what's to keep a user over there from selecting the US power output levels?????

And there is also the issue that they MAY not be certified for use in the U.S. by the FCC. Bye-Bye also to AMA insurance if that is true.