RCU Forums - View Single Post - Nitro Planes A-10 Warthog for 95 dollars
Old 03-12-2008, 02:19 AM
RysiuM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Nitro Planes A-10 Warthog for 95 dollars

I installed Add-ons volume 3 and started to play with A-10. I took measurements from Guanli model and it was around 33% of the scale of A-10 that came with add-ons 3. I made sure, that I got the CG, Landing gear and weight right. I also "converted" it to EDF with simulating fan units for the thrust that I got.

Now for the flying I found it just flies exactly the same as Guanli model. Takes forever to lift off, and then long flight in the ground effect to pic up some speed. Then the model can cruse. If I tried to force the model up it will end up in high angle of attack and then these engines can not overcome the drag, so model eventually will fall down.

Then I increased engine's rpm about 30%. This is different kind of flying. Model does not go unlimited vertical (the static thrust is about 15-20oz, but climbs very well. All these things listed in the ad are possible (rolls, inside and outside loops). So the model can fly very well just need much more than stock power. Model doers not float on landing - it behaves exactly the same way as it did at the field.

I noticed very strange thing on RF G2. When I put the model vertical until it looses all speed it goes into spin and never recovers. I wonder if this is only RF G2 bug or the real model will do the same.