RCU Forums - View Single Post - Aww Broke my Pirate....again....which new parts should I get?
Old 04-25-2003, 07:21 AM
ManicMechanic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aww Broke my Pirate....again....which new parts should I get?

OK, bit of a long post but bear with me.
Got home last night after reading this forum all day, and my Pirate Monster started talking to me "take me down the fields.....youknow you ant to!!" So, being addicted took it for a spin.
After nearly a tank full of fuel, I checked the head temp with a drop of water, it took about 7 secs to boil of and there had been a nice healthy white trail of smoke at WOT. So I leaned it out about 1/8 turn. Wow, it was like a different truck. Checked the temp again after a few mins and it was still fine, but I left the mixtyre alone.
A few mins later, I noticed at WOT the front tyre was pinching (like dragsters with crinkle walls) so I brought it in, and it looked like the tyre wasn't glued right. No probs I thought, I'll finish the tank then take it back home. 30secs later, engined revved really high and truck slowly came to a stop. DOH!
It turns out I'd blown the back diff, then after all that power was being put to the front, I killed both the front diff and the front driveshaft (the one that goes from the diff to the wheel.)

So, time for a major rebuild. My questions:
Do I replace the diffs with expensive metal ones and not get the 2 speed transmission yet or just hot glue the old ones?
Can I get stronger driveshafts?
Can you get breakdown insurance on these things? (LMAO!)

Questions and comments please guys!