RCU Forums - View Single Post - OFFICIAL Discussion for the Pros and Cons of Clones in the Market
Old 03-20-2008, 04:47 PM
jackle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL Discussion for the Pros and Cons of Clones in the Market

Ok, sorry, but I am not done with this post yet..... I mean this all in the spirit of good debate! [8D][8D][8D]

People seem to forget that these cars are being illegally made.
Show me the patent... What does illegally made mean? Are you saying the company isnt allowed to make plastic parts or something, without a patent you must have some other "legal" reson you're talking about... Isnt a "hop up" part designed by someone essentially somewhat of a copy of a part? Should we not allow "hop ups"? If you buy a car made of all hop up's, isnt it a clone of the car? If you're using the argument that its a different material, I guarantee all clones are technically made of different material... Does that make the car illegal? Regardless, there is no patent, and even if there was, patents expire to harbor competition...

Clones are illegal. They are ethically wrong. illegal. wrong. They are stealing.
We already talked about illegal and last I checked, competition is ethical. The united states has "fruit loops" and "fruity O's" you need to go picket a grocery store because there's LOTS of cloning going on there!

HPI Makes $0.00 per clone sold. That means it's STOLEN.
I'm not sure where this logic is coming from. Does that mean my fruity O's are stolen?

When you buy one, you are supporting this illegal activity.
Now you are accusing me of a crime which I dont think you are certain is illegal.

Don't think you are any better then people that copy DVDs and sell them or illegally download and distribute music. That is the truth.
That is called copyright infringement. http://www.copyright.gov/legislation/dmca.pdf The reason they passed this in 1998 is because there was no way to control it previously. Right now there is no law to control this, and until the public decides they need to, it is not illegal.

HPI Baja Forums closed down the clone section and deletes any clone discussions. Awesome! To quote the moderator- "I have closed the Clone section on this forum. All new discussions about the clones will be deleted by the Moderators."
Something tells me you are not too comfortable with democracy.

I 100% believe that RCU should take a hard stance and delete clone discussions and threads. This should extend to any car/truck/helicopter/plane that is unlicensed and illegally sold. I am going to soon petition RCU to take this position.
You might find iran a better country to live in that suits your beliefs more based on this statement. I completely understand a buisiness/website moderating "talk" because of their sponsors, however, its NEVER something I would ASK for. What you are saying is you WANT censorship.

Because I love my hobby and I want people that work hard for my hobby to get rewarded for hard honest work.
Why cant the reward for your hard, honest work be a clone?

I believe in brand loyalty and I believe that something worth buying is worth waiting for. I don't need it right now and I don't need instant gratification. I will work hard for it and I will but it legitimately.
Basically you are saying you enjoy the anticipation and that because its so high priced, possibly higher quality, you appreciate it even more. That is simply your personality. I personally like to get the maximum value from my hard work, but everyone has the right to spend their money the way they want right?

This goes far beyond cloned RC cars folks. Americans totally want instant gratification and they want everything cheaper and faster and they would just assume buy it overseas then pay a little more to keep their friend or neighbors in business.
This is a contradictary statement. Instant gratification and buying something overseas to not go together. Instant gratification is ordering it from the closest place possible. Lets have a race, you buy from overseas, i'll buy from tower, see who gets it first.

You all keep buying your clones, but don't assume it is harmless and that it doesn't have long term implications and don't kid yourself, you are supporting illegal activity.
These clones will only bring good for the consumer. I dont think I need to elaborate on that.