RCU Forums - View Single Post - What would be a fast kit for a summer project?
Old 03-22-2008, 11:39 PM
MJD
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: What would be a fast kit for a summer project?

ORIGINAL: Flyer 202

I have never heard of the quickie 500 or the outlaw if you could supply me with a link that would be great.
I have looked at the viper and forgot to add it to the pools i will do that after this post.

Thanks
A Quickie 500 is a class of airplane as opposed to a specific design. If you have looked at the GP Viper then you've seen everything you need to in order to be able to identify one at 50 paces - they are simplistic and distinctive. And they go like snot. An anemic sport .40 should haul one at 100mph or so I would guess. Toss a muffled OS .46FX on there and an APC 9-7 or 9-8 and what do you say guys, 120-130? They also fly smooth and groovy (like any other type of aircraft, if they are trimmed halfway decently), have a modest wing loading, and landing gear. And the ARF's are cheap too. There are several little points of improvement that take only a little time but that greatly increase durabilty, that have been covered in this forum and can be dug out easily - they focus on the Lanier Predator and the GP Viper. They are decent out of the box aircraft.

Of course, deltas are cool too.

MJD