RCU Forums - View Single Post - Keecat 65 re-build with ducted fan & tailerons
Old 03-28-2008, 09:26 PM
Pubhi
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Keecat 65 re-build with ducted fan & canards

Bill,

Your bobcat looks pretty good with the canards. Once you get the hang of it, you will have a great time flying it. These bobcat type planes fly extremely well and look real nice while doing it. The best part about delta wing A/C is the landing cuz it will flare much like the real thing and hold it for a high AOA landing.

UPDATE-

I finished up both the tail booms today and they are completely glassed now. I made the mistake of using gorilla glue on one on the tail booms instead of epoxy around the carbon rods. As a result, it twists a little more easily than the one that is being held together with epoxy. I don't think it will be much of an issue on the plane but I will be sure to use epoxy for the rest of the plane. I might just end up putting some carbon rods in between the two booms to stiffen it up a bit and keep them from twisting in flight.

I also went ahead and embedded the control rods for the ailerons inside the tail booms as shown in the pictures. The control rods will be connected to the servo which will be located inside the fuse with the use of a bell crank, which is located inside the inner wing panel...as shown. I wanted to make this plane very clean and this will definitely go a long way to achieving that goal. It actually turned out to be a fairly easy setup.

I'll be getting started on the engine mount tomorrow and i'll post up more pictures when its complete. Enjoy.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv64262.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	123.6 KB
ID:	916134   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vq51639.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	128.2 KB
ID:	916135   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kp34853.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	117.6 KB