RCU Forums - View Single Post - What The.... Noooooooo!
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2008, 01:11 PM
jesolins

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What The.... Noooooooo!

Eric,
First fly and trim with TI off inside(what I prefer to eliminate dealing with wind/breezes) or outside. Then, when outside on a one or two green LED TI type day, do the proper TI cal as in the checklist or manual. You will still need to trim again for the difference in flying with TI on. That is why it is not recommended to turn TI off while in fliight. After you get it trimmed at 10 feet or so, go up to 20 feet and see if it needs any more trim adjustment. If it is good there, then it will stay in good trim at even higher altitudes. When you have it well-trimmed, you can then land and press the arming button while putting in some left yaw. This sets the fail-safe trims in case of signal loss. ***WARNING!! Do not try to test this so called "failsafe mode" by turning your TX off as you will see it go almost full power in the air or on the ground before it decreases power to come back down. I just had a nasty experience last week after flying it where I accidently turned off my TX after I landed it befroe removing the DF power. It just went to full power and I tried to catch it as it was next to me. Mine is brushless with the stiffer EPP1045 props, so they were able to cut through my forearm skin. This failsafe is poorly implemented because it can do this while on the ground. If it had in its code that there was no throttle input for 10 seconds and then not implement failsafe regadless of loss of reception, then it might be safer.*** So, just land and turn TI off if you want to, or if you have the board that allows you to adjust TI sensitivity using channel 6 (usually the flap control on a non-Draganfly trademarked TX), then you can adjust the sensitivity to a non-oscillating level. Even with the DFV TI boards there a a few different versions. Does your DF have the channel 6 knob/ability to adjust the TI sensitivity? Are you using the orginal brushed motors and props?
Cheers,
Jim