RCU Forums - View Single Post - AMPS hulls & outboards pics & tips {Agnew Model Propulsion Systems}
Old 03-30-2008, 09:00 AM
specialk1

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: AMPS hulls & outboards pics& tips

ORIGINAL: rcollector

Yes, you just need to cut a half circle shaped notch in the boat just enough to clear the engine. You will also need to find an AMPS trim unit for your engine, or devise a way to adjust it manually.

That is a later model boat, probably one of the last they made. I have not seen a lot of them. The ones I have seen all had plain cable drive K&B's on them.

It is funny how there is so few people around with much information on these boats and motors now. I know quite a bit about International Hobbies boats and AMPS outboards and outdrives mostly because I have collected quite a few along with many spare parts for them. 5-7 years ago the people I got a lot of my engines and parts from seemed to know enerything about these but I guess they have lost interest in this hobby. They are not here to answer questions and I have had no luck contacting any of them. Those guys are out there somewhere , I just don't know where. They are probably just busy with other things these days.
[8D] thanks hope that helps him ..but you are right ,that why i started this thread to pass on info to each other you still have a great collection ..when you get the chance post up some more pic of your amps
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us53480.jpg
Views:	1088
Size:	97.9 KB
ID:	917352