RCU Forums - View Single Post - Twin motor aircraft and Counter rotating props
Old 03-30-2008, 06:03 PM
The_Mongrel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Twin motor aircraft and Counter rotating props

OK... Let me clear a few things up!!

Firstly... both props on my plane are standard 10x8 slow fly props and they spin in the same direction.

SWIFT - You can not be serious when you suggest turning one prop around and reverse the motor surely? Have you even tried this? Do you know what happens? Well I can assure you that I have!! I did this before I even posted this thread. In fact - I did quite some time ago when I was not educated on this hobby. If you have not done this, let me give you a step by step.

Reversing the motor will make the prop spin in the opposite direction
This will cause it to push air in a FORWARD direction.
Reversing the prop will see it continue to PUSH AIR FORWARD - although not as powerful as before.

If you get a conventional prop and on a conventional motor and reverse it, your plane will still fly!! Just not as well as the performance of the prop will reduce the performance of your aircraft. I have since discovered that my problem is not the fact that I have motors that are rotating in the same direction. My problem is there is no water rudder.

My suggestion is that you go and get one of your aircraft and reverse the prop and see the affect first hand, before making further comment on this thread.

EDIT - I would also like to add that SWIFT, you obviously have not even taken the time to read my posts correctly - You refer to photo of my plane, but as I posted, that is NOT a picture of MY PLANE!!!

Regards
-J