RCU Forums - View Single Post - BVM ULTRA BANDIT PRICE INCREASE
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2008, 06:12 PM
Crazy4Flight
My Feedback: (540)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: BVM ULTRA BANDIT PRICE INCREASE

ORIGINAL: BlackCloud

Wait until he posts the "Market Adjustment Fee" to the UB...............oh I guess thats what the extra $1000 increase is.

He must have bought a car recently and taken some tips from the dealer on revenue increasing.

Scam 4: The Market Adjustment Fee

In this scam, the dealer tells you that your car is a really popular vehicle, and so to sell you the vehicle they have to add "Market Adjustment Fees" of several thousand dollars. This amount is usually indicated on an orange sticker next to manufacturer's MSRP sticker. A car may be popular, but if it is in stock, it is not worth paying extra for it. Many buyers, especially trade-in buyers, have been ripped off before. They focus only on what they get for their old car, and so they don't see the big picture. They may get an extra few thousand for their car, but they don't notice that they are charged a much higher Market Adjustment Fee. The dealer sells the car, gets the trade-in, and makes an extra off the buyer. Never pay more than the manufacturer's MSRP.

excerpt taken from: http://www.allthingsfrugal.com/l.autoscams.htm

I guess he doesn't fit that category since he raised the MSRP instead
A local chevy dealer back in 2003 had the Market Adjustment Fee on two Corvettes:

50th Annv model, siticker + $3,000.00
Z06, sticker + $5,000.00

a dealer even closer would sell me the same Vette for 3000 off sticker.

And when the Mazda Miata came out, some folks paid 5k over sticker to get the first ones in. Same with the Viper, 240Z, 350Z...