RCU Forums - View Single Post - 1/6 Scale F4U Corsair Group Build
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2008, 09:59 AM
DaddySam
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1/6 Scale F4U Corsair Group Build

Sam reporting here. I haven't decided on the particular plane, but it will most likely be from VF 17, simply because I like the scheme and insignia. I'm leaning towards Blackburn's "Big Hog". I am currently trying to finish up a TFGS Corsair which I'm modeling after BU88391, a Goodyear FG1-D that is currently in New Zealand, performing at air shows. It is in the scheme of VF 17, number "8".
I've got a couple of tailwheel builds underway, hoping that my oldest son will join me on a dual build. I'll be using a gasser, but am not sure what engine yet. I"ve got a 3w-50 I may use. I'm hoping to be able to incorporate a sliding canopy with a detailed cockpit and nav lights. As I watch/participate and see how you other guys are adding scale details I will be incorporting many of your ideas.
I'm ordering some more PC board and if any of you need some parts for your tailwheels PM me and I'll see what I can do. I'm basically just using my drill press and hand file as a makeshift lathe, but so far it's turning out acceptable parts. I have noticed that there is a size difference in the parts between Chile's drawings and Luke's. I've been using Luke's as patterns and Chile's for reference.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Oj27806.jpg
Views:	583
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	922209  
Attached Images