RCU Forums - View Single Post - 424 Race in Kansas City, April 26th
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2008, 09:09 PM
Jeff Pfeifer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 424 Race in Kansas City, April 26th

I'm getting really excited about this event. It has been about 15 years since I have raced Q500, and about 12years since I raced at all. I dusted off the old Q500 this last week, friday installed a brand new TT40pro, Saturday ran 5 tanks through the engine on the ground with an 8x6 needled at a rich 2 stroke setting allowing the engine to cool completely between runs and leaving the piston at BDC during cooling. After the 5 tanks on the ground I set up the course at my local field using trash cans for pylons (hey it worked....only thing I could find in the club house), slapped a 9X6 on the engine and needled the engine so it was in a smooth 2-stroke but still rich, and hit the course. I flew 4 flights around the course Saturday leaning needle in a few clicks each flight and I am hooked again!! This next weekend I am leaving the country for 5days, but when I get back first thing I'm going to do is order a new Nelson Q500LS and a 428 airframe so I can race both 424 and 428 at events if both classes are offered.