RCU Forums - View Single Post - CEN ME16MT review by Wheelnut
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2008, 07:52 AM
Wheelnut
My Feedback: (81)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CEN ME16MT review by Wheelnut

Glad to hear you guys made a good choice on the new Best mini on the market.
Sorry to hear about your cousin hitting the curb and breaking some parts. Solid walls will win the bashing contest everytime[:@] as you can see from my second video that I posted. I am also sorry to hear that parts aren't as readily available in your area. Here in America there are pleanty of readily available parts for the ME16MT. I got mine off of ebay and they arrived in just 3 days.
As for the motor, a 12T is as low as you want to go. It is very very fast with that much power.
Remember those 12th scale pan cars like the associated 12R5. They are a small 12th scale on road car and use a 540 size motor, and they are like a bullet.
That is the coolest thing about the ME16MT, upgrading is easy becuase it uses a 540 size motor. It is much more difficult to upgrade trucks like the MLST and others because they use those 370 size motors, so unless you go brushless then its not that great, and even then it is no where near as fast as the ME16MT.
I have been using mine on the 12T motor for a while and it has not had a problem yet.
Since parts are hard to get where you are, you should go ahead and get some parts that will normally break and or wear out. Here is a short list to think about.
Front lower arms
Rear lower arms
Dog bones
Center drive shaft
C-Hubs carrier and spindle
Slipper clutch
Shock towers, if you plan on doing high jumps and maybe landing on your top side.
Spur gear.
My next upgrade will be adding strong adjustable turnbuckles. No problems with mine yet, I just like upgrading
Cheers, can't wait for the vid, get us some pics to