RCU Forums - View Single Post - Alternative to a bladder tank?
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2008, 06:12 AM
luv to race
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Alternative to a bladder tank?

I tried to read this thread, I''m lost. What''s are you trying to achieve? Check valve? Does this keep pressure from escaping from the tank through the pressure line once it''s built up? Is that what your worried about? I always figured that if the engine was running, you had pressure.

Is there an alternative to a bladder tank using 3 lines and a check valve in the exhaust pressure line? How do you set it up and can you set the engine RPM at peak and leave it there with this set up? Thanks!
Chris Callow (World Champion, 3 times) uses 3 lines in his Tettra bladder tanks, and no check valve. Seems to work okay for him. But yes, you have to plug the 3rd line (internal bladder vent line) after you fill up. No big deal. The American guys just use 2 lines as Ed and others described.

But it sounds like you trying to get the motor to run on peak at launch, which none of the pylon racers do. There''s nothing to gain by doing this. If I launch 1000 down from peak with minimal constant tank pressure, and it runs perfect. And you launch on peak with tons of tank pressure, and it runs perfect. There''s no gain. But the minute that check valve thing fails, you''ll wish you didn''t have that in the line. That''s just a waste of time.

I live in Apopka Florida, which is close to you Happy.. If you want to come flying with me some day at RCACF, send me a PM. I''d be my pleasure to show you the proven method that every pylon racer uses.

RB