RCU Forums - View Single Post - Eagle50
Thread: Eagle50
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2008, 11:43 AM
RobBeach

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Eagle50

I leave the #8 unlocked because I am always fiddling around...

No. the PLT and PIT knobs would not make the heli do as you descibed.

Make sure you turn on the transmitter first........ then plug the battery of the helicopter in. Wait ten seconds before you touch anything else. There have been times when I have replaced the receiver and all of a sudden the helicopter went full throttle.
I can only guess there was a few milliseconds or so that the receiver and the transmitter were confused.

Make sure your throttle is down all the way... and the tab slider for the throttle is also down all the way.

The settings I mentioned above are for dumbing down the helicopter.... so it is less reactive to
the CCPM... which means Collective Cyclic Pitch Movement which is controlled by the PLT knob.
The PLT means Pitch Limit Throttle. As you move the throttle past 50% the pitch, the angle of the blades
also increase. The PLT knob controls that. If you turn down the PLT knob... the blades will not move as much
as you increase the throttle.

I would suggest reading all the messages in this forum and the messages for the Walkera 22e
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3722641/tm.htm because your helicopter is the same as the 22E.
You will learn a lot.

And I doubt or don''t know... but it''s probably not a good idea to run your microwave oven or other heavy
transmitting devices near your helicopter while you fire it up.