RCU Forums - View Single Post - WM Dago Red and Jett 60LX?
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2008, 09:53 AM
still4given

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: WM Dago Red and Jett 60LX?

Hey Justin,

Good to hear you have settled on a plane and engine. You are going to love that combination. Mine seems to be getting faster every flight. Wait till you crank that thing around a pylon. You''ll be amazed how well it tracks and quickly it gets back up to speed.

I did have some problems as Bob noted, but it all started because the two muffler bolts that came with my extension were just a tad too long. They were just long enough to bottom out in the muffler just before the muffler got snug. The muffler kept coming loose and causing the engine to go lean. In the end, the tip of one of the bolts broke off inside the muffler and didn''t leave enough thread for even a shorter bold to stay tight. I''ve got to tell you that Dub stayed with me through all of it and basically rebuilt my engine for free and now it is one of the best running engines I have ever owned. It''s turning 16K slightly rich on the ground with an APC 9x9 and unloading a ton in the air. Everyone who sees it fly comes over to ask what engine I''m running. BTW, I mounted mine inverted and I only had to slightly tilt the engine to have the muffler clear the side without an extension.

Blessings, Terry
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr51780.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	108.0 KB
ID:	929645   Click image for larger version

Name:	To43183.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	165.6 KB
ID:	929646   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ch96686.jpg
Views:	27