RCU Forums - View Single Post - Major HBFP crash question
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2008, 01:18 PM
bigjimrules

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Major HBFP crash question

Well, I crashed my HBFP today. [&o] I had reinforced my standard skids using all the mods I have seen on here and they worked, in that my skids survived the crash. But what did happen is that 3 of the 4 brackets that hold the skids onto the from broke off from the frame. The part of the frame that sticks out that the skid bracket fits over broke off and remained screwed into the skid bracket. I guess I could just glue the bracket onto the frame but the two screws on the two back skid brackets must also hold the tail boom in the frame securely because now the boom turns really easily in the frame. []

The questions are: 1) Do I just replace the frame and not try to glue the skid brackets on? 2) Do I get longer screws and try to secure the bracket to the frame AND whole the boom steady? 3) In my quest to really strengthen the standard skids, a known weak point of the HBFP, did I just transfer the damage from the skids to the frame, which is actually a bigger problem than just letting the skids take the damage?

What do you guys think?