RCU Forums - View Single Post - More Important?
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2008, 02:37 AM
fozjared

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: More Important?

how much higher would the tank be in that former over the top of it were completely removed and the tank risen to flush mount to the hatch? would that put it in line with the carb? if so remove the former, pad the under tank area with foam to raise the tank up flush in the front and then move that former back just behind the tank, then you wouldn't have to move any controls or anything, just the former! forget about thrust line unless you need it to fly level inverted with as little control movement as possible. this plane is meant to fly, it will get ground sick if you are too particular! just move that tank up and make it easier on yourself! or you dont have to do anything besides this: i had an evolution .46 that the tank had to be mounted about 2 inches below, so what i did was, every time i refueled, when i disconnected the fill line i squirted about a thimble full of fuel into the mouth of the carb and that would run it long enough to draw fuel. i never did have any trouble out of it (i was hand flipping the prop, btw, and it always started like a champ unless i forgot to shoot the carb full of fuel. that also never flooded it.)