RCU Forums - View Single Post - ElectriFly L-39
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2008, 08:14 AM
RCmob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ElectriFly L-39

ORIGINAL: CowboyLifesaver

My L-39 flew exactly as far as I could throw it. I do believe the motor is rated for sea level and not at any altitude. Here in Reno at 4600 feet altitude the included motor does not provide enough power. It didn't even accelerate. I figured I wouldn't get even close to the performance stated in any material on the L-39 with a stock setup. Now it's on to a Ammo 24-33-4875 Brushless In-Runner, and Silver Series 35A Brushless ESC to see how that works. Any ideas from Great Planes?

Actually CowboyLifesaver, I am wondering if you would be willing to help us get some high altitude data. Do you have an accurate scale (+- 1/20 oz)? and an volt/amp metter?

If you can measure the thrust and amps/volts going into the motor in an accurate manner, we might be able to analyze the stock system's performance at those altitudes and then possibly make a better motor recommendation. These measurements have to be accurate and in fact, if you could measure this about 10 times and post the data, it would be great.

RCmob