RCU Forums - View Single Post - DX6, DX6i, DX7 thread
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2008, 01:46 PM
xodarap1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: DX6, DX6i, DX7 thread

Sure, I can help you Rosebud6. First thing to do is to set the Rudd in Travel Adjust to 100 and 100 (R and L). That travel adjustment doesn't control the throw of the servos (as you would think travel adjust would do), it controls the speed the servo moves.. in this case, R and L rudder.

Second step is adjusting the length of the tail servo push rod and using the correct holes on the servo arm. If you use holes too far out on the arm, the servo will over travel and will hit the limit on the tail box one way or both ways.
So, try using the second hole out from the servo output shaft screw for a starting point on the servo arm.
Once you have the push rod mounted there, when the servo arm is straight up (or down depending on how you have your servo mounted) adjust the servo on the boom so that the tail slider is in the middle of the tail shaft. Then tighten the servo on the boom.

Third, In rate mode, check the full travel range of movement of the tail slide. It should be pretty good. If not, you want to adjust the tail servo on the boom carefully in rate mode so that when your rudder trim is centered and your rudder control stick is centered, you have the tail slider in the middle of the tail shaft and when you move the rudder stick, the slider moves full range from one side to the other.. not hitting the ends of the tail box. If you get full range on the tail shaft (left and right) without hitting either side or bottoming out, that's perfect. If you don't get full range, move the tail push rod out another hole on the tail servo arm until you do get full range from the tail box. The important thing is to make sure that your left and right rudder extremes don't bottom out in the tail box.. this can damage the servo (lead to earlier than normal failure).

Once you have that all set perfectly, double check to make sure everything is tight and secure. From there its just a matter of fine trimming the rudder, or even moving the servo on the boom a slight bit if you want to make it exact so your trim is centered as long as it doesn't hit the tail slide limits.

The heli should work fine in HH mode after you get rate mode set properly like this. *Servo creep in HH mode is normal so don't worry about that.. it will work fine once it's in the air.

The final job is setting the Travel Adjust (L and R). You will most likely end up with a L setting that is a lower number than the R setting. The RUDD Travel Adjust will adjust the speed at which the heli will spin left or right (piro, yaw or whatever you want to call it lol). The heli naturally wants to spin to the left due to the main rotor torque so left Travel Adjust Rudder number will be less. With trial and error, you can adjust the yaw rate exaclty so it is the same in both directions. It is OK if any of your Travel Adjust numbers for RUDD are over 100.

Sorry for the long post, but that's it. I was going to try to give you the short version, but figured that might just confuse you more and you were already confused heheh.

I hope this was of some help to ya man. If you have any other questions about it, there are plenty of people here that would be happy to help ya or send me a pm and i'll do my best to dial it in with you.

Take care.

Steve