RCU Forums - View Single Post - Cessana 182 Skylane 72"
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2008, 09:55 AM
[email protected]

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cessana 182 Skylane 72"

I recently purchased a really nice Cessna 182 Slylane at a garage sale. It unfortunately has a terrbile cowl that was apparently fit to several different engines and installation angles. It needs to be replaced. However, I have no idea who manufactured the plane nor it's scale. Fiberglass Specialties may have it but need to know what I don't know. Maybe someone out there can help identify the manufacturer or scale of the plane and may even have a new cowl.

Here's what I know: It has a 72" wingspan, with flaps and aerlerons. It currently has a .91 four cycle for power. It is highly detailed with preprinted panel and rivet lines. All windows are tinted blue plastic. It has a cheap abs plastic interior insert and there is a lot of abs plastic on the plane. It is white with red accents. The previous owner thought that he purchase it from Tower Hobbies several years ago. It is contructed of balsa and wrapped with a plastice like convering with a possible thin foam lining. The covering has the preprinted panel and rivet lines already on the covering.

There are several Sylanes on the market now but none with this wingspan. If anyone knows the make or scale or this aircraft I would greatly appreciate you assistance. This too nice of a plane to let it gather dust. Thankyou in advance, Terry