RCU Forums - View Single Post - Royal-FW190A8
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2008, 04:02 PM
fw190a8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Royal-FW190A8

ORIGINAL: bigtim

so it looks like I will be able to fit a standard servo in the wing bay after all, I just need to move the servo closer to the wing root and I will mount it on a plywood plate the standard mount style so I am happy about that.
so I have my retract mount rails installed,and my aileron wing TE,I used the notch method to do this rather than the way royal recomended it works well and the basic frame is complete.
I also have put my little scroll saw to good use and have cut out a lot of the parts needed for the rudder and elevator const.
so since I happen to have the CJ retracts for the TF FW 190 D9 I figured I would give them a test to see if the space is large enough to handle the CJ gear I am a little disapointed since there looking like a really tight fit,I need to give this some thought and I might be going with the robart spring down gear and wire struts.

fw190a8 do you have any pics of your gear installation.

Hi Bigtim,
Here are a few shots of my gear, I've got spring air stock #704 with robostrut 380 series struts.

I tried to get the retracts and wheels as close to the front of the wing as possible to keep the wieght in the front.
[img][/img]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl29222.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	942768   Click image for larger version

Name:	Da83453.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	942769   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf97554.jpg
Views:	148