RCU Forums - View Single Post - Building a Top Flite GE 1/8 scale F4U Corsair
Old 05-04-2008, 04:56 PM
RCPtero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Building a Top Flite GE 1/8 scale F4U Corsair

Wooohooooo!! The engine runs! Went out to run in the engine yesterday, but couldn't get her to start. Brought her home, replumbed the tank and took her back out. Engine ran great! Put two tanks of fuel through her, alternating between full throttle rich and full throttle lean, like the manual says. Second tank lasted about 15 minutes, and that's with running really rich for half the time. And boy, does she want to go. When then engine finally died at the end of the tank, I noticed the tail drop about half an inch. She does not like being tied down!!

I was a bit perturbed to notice that about half way through the second tank I no longer had a radio link. Albeit I was very relieved that it happened on the ground and not in the air! I think the RX battery died. I'll definitely be figuring that out before heading out to the field next weekend. NOT something I want to happen in the air!

Gotta finish up the control links on the ailerons and flaps, put an extension on the needle valve so I can reach it with the cowl on, balance her, adjust trims, dial in some differential on the controls so she's not as sensitive around center, and then put on the rest of the decals and she's ready to head to the field.

Once I get the decals on, I'll get some more photos up.

Tom