RCU Forums - View Single Post - Duel elevator pushrod problem
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2008, 03:07 PM
pumbadog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Duel elevator pushrod problem

I keep running into a wall in getting the elevator system set up right. First I tried running a Y down to the elevators using a singe servo to Y pushrod configuration. I wasn't satisfied with the flex I was getting. Then I went to graphite in sleeve pushrods running down the sides of the fuselage from dual servo's. much better push but I was getting binding problems where they exit the fuselage and both elevators weren't always moving exactly the same.

New system is to try and cross staight graphite tube from dual servos to the elevators so they have a straight shot. Now, new problem... you guessed it, they meet down towards the end of the fuselage and can't occupy the same point at the same time. Physics can be inconveniant some times.

Here's my potential solution but I'm going to see what you all have to say before I overcomplicate a simple solution.

I'm going to try and cut one of the rods and make a piano wire loop for the other pushrod to pass through or use some scrap tube and bridge it across the top and the bottom allowing the other to pass through.

Is this a good solution or is there an easier way? Will it hurt for them to possibly rub or vibrate on each other? This is central hobbies graphite tube. I know they make a bellcrank system for elevators, put my fuselage is too wide.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx72443.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	23.0 KB
ID:	944339