RCU Forums - View Single Post - Dual aileron servos
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2008, 08:02 PM
Ed_Moorman
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Dual aileron servos

Both ailerons up are called spoilers or spoilerons. This will let you descend at a steeper angle and not float on landing. Normally, I set a flaperon wing type, then mix throttle-master and flaps-slave. I set the flaperons to go up at idle about an inch to start with. As you advance throttle, the spoilers (up flaps) drop down and are normally back to the regular aileron position at half throttle. This is handy for touch and goes and for adding power to fly the plane closer to yourself on landing. I use this set-up on all my sport and 3D planes.

You can set flaperons coupled to elevator two ways. Flaps opposite to elevator will increase lift and give you tighter maneuvers. Flaps the same direction as the elevator can be useful in a harrier to keep the nose up and also for flips. Set them up where full down elevator gives you 30 degrees or more down flap. Fly by at half power and pop up vertical, then go full down and full power. The plane will normally flip around in a tight, outside "loop" or something. The plane just rotates around. You will need at least 45 degrees of elevator travel. More if you can get it. The Twist is good at this, so the Pizazz should be, too.