RCU Forums - View Single Post - 50cc Yak 54 -- Help me out guys!!!
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2008, 11:14 AM
opjose

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 50cc Yak 54 Help me out guys!!!

ORIGINAL: outdoorhunting

Hey, Opjose. Do you really think that most of these complainers are for real? Don't get me wrong, I'm sure some of them have problems. It just seems like a lot seem to really flower up the problem. If you know what I mean. Some people just like to start something & then sit back & watch. From what I've seen, John seems to do pretty good as far as taking care of customers. I've got a couple of Nitro Planes I bought from guys in the club & have never had anything major go wrong unless it was due to "dumb thumbs". I guess it sounds better to say " it's the plane's fault" instead of" boy, did I screw up.
There are those who have problems. I always feel bad for these people, and you know how it goes, any manufacturer produces lemons at times.
The forums are great for weeding out problem spots on planes... e.g. the original Polecat's weak elevator which BTW has now been fixed thanks to feedback here.

Then there are a few who have had a single problem, and found that because it was not quickly taken care of, they've soured on purchasing more.
These people may post a bad experience here, then they disappear, because they are effectively "done" with the vendor.

Were I mistreated, I'd be in the same boat.

Then there are those with a bit more patience dealing with vendors and willing to give it several goes, who tend to have their problems resolved. In this NP is certainly not as fast as some of the big boys, but John ( at least ) certainly tries.

Then there are those who somehow feel that they have to engage in a vendetta. You can easily tell who these people are because they love to jump on other threads and restate how bad one vendor is, or how their planes are crap, when they've purchased say only ONE item (and usually a cheaper one).

I've received crappy stuff from Horizon, Tower, and all of the big boys, and I've also received great items from all of them too.... but I've never have felt the need to go screaming about, say the poor landing gear mounts on the H9 PTS P-51D. Rather we know enough to expect to fix such things.

If you check these threads, the number of "complainers" is actually quite low, especially since NP seems to be directing everyone here via their web page.

I'd imagine that they are moving at least 40-80 ARF's a day out of their site, to keep their people employed.... and that at a bare minimum. Remember they have at least 7 ( probably underpaid ) employees there.

Yet the number of people with unresolved problems is miniscule compared to the volume.

Finally it's always the same handful ( actually ONE hand full ) of people that are the most voiciferous, often you find ( such as with the poster "YoungGun" ) that these complainers have never purchased ANYTHING, and are operating off hearsay....

A couple of those "digits" of that one hand, also have purchased the cheapest things sold, those China specials ( which you often also see on e-bay ) and they expect a Composite-Arf quality plane ready to fly, for their $22.00. These people need to get real.

But I believe that you are correct. I've seen a person here rant, raved, and threaten NP to get his equipment paid for, when it was pretty obvious that he did not know what he was doing at all....

Things like this quickly devolve into the personal attacks.... especially when someone points this out to the person making the claim.

A person who has truely found a problem ( such as with the Polecat ) tends to be more analytical about it. When they are, the problems seem to be taken care off.

3D Romeo:

This stuff was not directed at you.

If anything you fall into the analytical, "real problem" camp. As far as I can see you also dealt with it very well yourself.