RCU Forums - View Single Post - Magic VF3 building thread
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2008, 10:38 PM
Don Szczur
My Feedback: (1)

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: Magic VF3 building thread

Don't forget I built this plane with no jigs, laser levels or any other gizmos. A #2 pencil line drawn down the center of an old counter top was the extent of it. All the laser cut pieces in the kit make the plane straight since all pieces are cut at exactly 90 degree like boxes. Its pretty hard to build it crooked and the fuselage is both very stiff, and light. A good thing to consider during the 7 o clock position coming off the back side of the knife edge loop. When I'm done this I'll mail Mike Hester a CD with all the pictures I took so he can include it in his kits if he chooses.

So the next question I anticipate will be the tank mount. Two pieces of balsa mounted Across to provide front an back support. Two 1/32 inch spacers above the wing tube socked glued in place, then secured with slow thick Mercury CA that I was given as a gift at the ETOC. By the way this Mercury CA is really good stuff. I'm really impressed.

I mounted the rudder servo tray removable, so if needed one can get to the wing adjusters later for removal during finishing. That one may be me.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xu62383.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	945317   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fa84994.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	945318