Thread: Composites
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2008, 09:03 AM
DMyer
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Composites

ORIGINAL: Backplate

I welcome all of you guys comments, on composites. So if they were cheaper you guys would be flying, no matter what your flying skills were like?
I know that a composite would be No faster than a good woody, so all this is relates around what can I afford? Even thou 424 racing over there is your beginers class for Q500.
If the guys were flying in a competition, & they were getting beaten by a faster woody every time would they give up because there woody racer was to slow!
As mentioned before what would happened if some one was racing a woody racer, & cleaned up a Composite racer? I can not see just because a composite is more exspensive you cant use it? Where is the logic? At the end of the day, what does it matter as long as you a racing & having fun, whether its a woody or composite?
We are all out there to try & win & have fun? So if you want to get a better air frame you have to move on to the class you guys call 428 with a Nelson or Jett to use a composite?
Any way guys I hope this all sort of makes sense to you all, & hope one day composites will be cheaper to purchase. Any way cheers for all the comments
The fact is... plenty of us have built high quality woodies and waxed the composites in 428. Fact is... not many people have the skills to build a woodie that is the equal of a composite. Asking a beginner or prospective racer to spend $400+ and up on a disposable airframe(or learn how to build a composite worthy woodie) for a beginner event where attrition is very high for the typical beginners.... will not attract or keep very many interested very long as has already been proven beyond a reasonable doubt.

Some even venture that high cost and composites are killing 428... but that is another matter I am sure no-one wants to discuss.