RCU Forums - View Single Post - aerobird
Thread: aerobird
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2008, 09:16 AM
spiral_72

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: aerobird

ORIGINAL: Stick 40

I bought the aerobird from hobby zone and was wondering if anyone had this plane and could tell me how it flyes??????? I plan to fly it this weekend .
My personal opinion is it's under powered and flies a bit fast for the beginner. I think it's a second beginner plane after the Super Cub, HOWEVER it's nothing to be worried about.

I bought one. It hit trees, signs, the ground, trees, trees, the ground and finally spent two weeks in the top of an oak. It's a pretty durable little plane actually and it was my first one. Taking off from the ground is kind of a waste of time. It'll do it, but it's better to give it throttle and hand launch it.

It'll loop and almost fly inverted. It's pretty fun. Before you take it out the first time, go by the hobby shop and get some small cabon tube and tape it to the top of the wing in the middle, with some super sticky tape..... That is if they haven't started doing that from the factory by now. The wing is a bit weak and it'll fold pretty easily. You just want something to give the wing some backbone.

Oh, and it uses more sky than you think, so find a wide open area with no trees and make sure it doesn't have any trees. HA! (personal joke)

Have fun!