RCU Forums - View Single Post - Possible To Drift With A Nitro Buggy?
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2008, 07:28 AM
TIGER76

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Possible To Drift With A Nitro Buggy?

No m8 plenty of nitro folk drift with PVC not sure where you read it was bad for nitro lol etc check out the show ur drifter thread on here 99% of the nitros run PVC wheels you can opt for rubber drift wheels if your pockets are loaded but i wouldnt advise it unless your rich lol your will only get a few runs before they need changing with PVC they will last for ages ie months.
I cant see how it will damage your nitro myself as long as you tune your motor regularly you shouldnt have a problem,pop along to your local hardware store and check out the lengths of pvc/abs pipe,measure your rin diameter and go from there you can glue it straight over the rims.
If your still not convinced the easiest way to start drifting is to grab some elecy tape wrap your tyres and use that it will wear through alot quicker than pvc but it will give you an ideal if you like drifting or not.
But like i said ive never heard of anyone having probs with nitro + pvc unless there not running 4wd
I would also lower your ride if your gonna use a buggy as a lower COG will help out alot.

have fun [8D]