RCU Forums - View Single Post - Blades hit the tail boom?!
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2008, 02:27 AM
cflytrap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Blades hit the tail boom?!

Yeah I have came to that conclusion too. after my first crash with my eagle 50 the elevator servo has been kinda notchy. I also kinda messed up the pit and plt so that one extra click on the throttle made too big of a change and caused the model to pop up and roll on its side. I should have secured my heli to the bench better for one thing. I also regret not being patient enough to wait for my new servo to arrive.

My helimax is super easy to fly. I have an old friend who is a veteran pilot that set it up for me and I have not crashed it yet so it flies nice. very stable and has a head locking gyro so I barely have to give it any rudder input. I just kina rock side to side with the cyclic for a few mins and set it down. nothing fancy yet. My buddy stands by and helps me if I get into trouble.

I am a new pilot. I am like an absorbent sponge reading info on these forums. It is hard when you are excited as I am about the hobby to be disciplined and patient enough to not cut corners. The blade tracking, pitch, weight balance and everything else is set up square and perfect.I am still trying to bring the heli back to a docile PIT and PLT setting thru trial and error. any tips on that would be the most helpful thing I could benefit from. for example, what degree of positive pitch should the blades be at at 50% throttle and hovering? how much should it be at 100%?

Thanks for the advice everyone, I appriciate it all.