RCU Forums - View Single Post - Old Canard kits in the LA area?
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2008, 06:25 PM
Jarel Design

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Old Canard kits in the LA area?

*smiling here*

Thank you!

I forgot how much I loved (and still do love) this hobby!

I'd like to share a little bit about how I got out of the RC industry and why I'm getting back into it:

The kits I have designed (and am designing now) come from my love for this hobby... building and flying. Frankly when I was first offered $30,000 to build the equivalent of an RC plane (that didn't even have to fly!) for the film "Contact", I discovered that my passion for designing and building all sorts of "stuff" would actually pay a whole lot more than producing multiples of the same kit over and over, how could I pass it up?) This has continued through films like The 5th Element, Star Trek IX, Jungle Book II, Killer Pad and more...

The kits I am now developing, come from a practical approach to the hobby: Keep it simple (easy to build), make it inexpensive to replace (If we are pushing our flying skills outside the envelope, we're all going to crash.), be innovative where it counts (engineering and aesthetic design), and make it fly well... To accomplish these goals requires that I be able to replace something I would love to fly which means turn it into my own kit... From that, it just seems obvious that the next step is to share this with others...

I'll come back with news once there's news to publicly share.

Thank you for your patience and your support!

Take care!

Richard