RCU Forums - View Single Post - Top Flite '.60 size' P-51D Mustang ARF: Building & Modifications
Old 05-24-2008, 12:59 AM
Bob Paris
My Feedback: (13)

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default RE: Top Flite '.60 size' P-51D Mustang ARF: Building & Modifications

CorsairJock,
The Century Jet P-51 retracts will fit, but it will be a tight fit. I'm not sure how much of the fiberglass wheel well I'll need to remove and in my next post...I'll let you know. I will have to go with the 3 1/4" Robart scale wheels, for it is going to be a snug fit with these...3 1/2" wheels will not work, unless I cut my strut 1/4". I will need to modify and cut a bit to get the retracts to fit, but they will go. I was surprised they fit...and while I'm in there, I'll take a good look at the mounting rails. I have always beefed up this area on my other WWII ARF's...all needed this mod too. I will know more after a little surgery and fit these pneumatics, into the wing. I placed the gear inverted in the pictures to show the fit...but it gets turned around for instilation. I'm going to make up some 50/50 denatured alcohol-2 your epoxy, and coat every thing I can reach in the retract area.

I use Airtronics gear...and will go with standard 94102's for my flaps and ailerons.

It may take me a week or two to get my engine muffler and final the engine instilation. But I will be able to mount my engine and then, figure out where to mount my remote needle valve. I've never used a remote needle valve before, so this should be interesting.

Have a great weekend everyone...
Soft Landings always,
Bobby of Maui
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw66347.jpg
Views:	940
Size:	133.8 KB
ID:	955654   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xs56970.jpg
Views:	847
Size:	132.2 KB
ID:	955655   Click image for larger version