RCU Forums - View Single Post - Heli stuff and fellowship
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2008, 03:08 AM
David867

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Heli stuff and fellowship

Nice drobin, that's a great idea, ya, I can imagine the hex screws making the task of taking apart the frame MUCH easier. With phillips, you've gotta push into the screw to get it out, that's what phillips were designed to do, slip when a certain torque is reached, to keep you from overtorquing, problem for us is that we strip the heads every time this happens, so not the greatest to repeatedly remove/install. Hex are good though, they're made for repeated removal/installation. Hex are the way to go!

Hey Jim, trouble with the CopterX. The main blade grips seem to be loose at the point of the thrust bearing or the bearing closest to it, the main blade grip has a little play, seems to pivot at the bearing closest to the main hub, I heard someone on the CopterX forum complain about that a while back also. Does yours have any play in it? I don't think that's normal. Also, the new swashplate I put in there is starting to wear out the plastic(teflon?) ball joint again. I've only had about 6 flights on that swash plate, I'm using very little throw right now, it doesn't even make it further than the flat spot on the metal ball. I must be doing something wrong, or my parts are inferior. Your CopterX doesn't have any of these problems? It's probably the bad crashes I've had with it. But that wouldn't explain the new swashplate wearing out so quick. I haven't put any oil/grease on it. Maybe I should put some grease on it?