RCU Forums - View Single Post - 16.8V New E-maxx
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2008, 08:08 PM
fisheydude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 16.8V New E-maxx

ORIGINAL: mycarisaser

I lost all my electronics to water yesterday[sm=drowning.gif]. My 160Amp mgm esc , my bec, my futaba 2.4ghz reciever, and my lipos. I Jumped a sand pile wrong and landed in about 6 foot deep water. The lipos caught fire under water and melted the esc, the water killed the bec and I put a small hole in the radio box for the antenna and it let in alot of water, so good bye reciever. I was about 50+ yards out so it was in the water for a while. I was at the park in pants and a long sleeve shirt so I stripped down to my underwear and dove in (water was about 50*F and 60 outside[sm=what_smile.gif]) I got my truck after the lipos finally stopped exploiding and climbed the bulkhead out and walked about a 1/4 mile back to my car in my underwear soaking wet holding a melted emaxx. Not one of my better days( I got a few looks from people) So I guess its time to put in my castle monster order.

That sounds like a nightmare come true. I hope I never have a dream like that, I may die in my sleep!

Do any of you use nimh batts? All mine seem to swell and the end cell melts off the shrink wrap and the logo on the cell. I use maxamps 4700 batts and ib4600 batts. Both types seem to build up way too much heat... even with easy runs. May-be I should try different packs... any suggestions? Can't afford lipos and charger/balancer right now.[&o]