RCU Forums - View Single Post - Phoenix Strega YS110 lost today!
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2008, 09:51 AM
Yellowsierra02

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Phoenix Strega YS110 lost today!

ORIGINAL: still4given

One question, did you use a 4 cell or 5 cell battery?

I lost three planes on Spektrum do to the use of 4 cell flight packs. If the voltage drops below 4.8V, even for a split second, it can cause the receiver to reboot, which takes up to 6 seconds. That is normally too long to wait to gain control of your plane. I don't use anything but 5 cell packs now. Some guys use the capacitor that Spektrum sells and you can also send in receivers and have the upgrade done to them. I just use 5 cells. So far, so good.

Blessings, Terry

I used a 5-cell pack. I read the voltage on the pack and it said 5.7 volts. It was alittle low but do you think it went below 4.8 after I pulled two servo controls? My controler was at 10 volts and doesnt start beeping intill 8.9 volts. As far as I can tell on the motor it broke the valve cover, one rocker arm and maybe a pushrod cover. Im not sure if Im going to build another Phoenix Strega or a World models Dago Red. I like them both but I almost want to try something different. Its discouraging and may take a month to save the money to build another but I dont want to give up yet.

Justin