RCU Forums - View Single Post - Heli stuff and fellowship
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2008, 12:56 PM
David867

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Heli stuff and fellowship

Hey Jim,

Cool, that's good to know, I'll have to go with 325's. My CF's are 325, but I've got some 315 pros to use up.

What did you suggest last time? That was when I wasn't using washers right? I put in some washers, but I'm not sure if they're the right size, I'm pretty sure there were no washers when I took it apart for the first time, but maybe I let them drop and lost them. The tracking is doing well, and it flies pretty nicely, but I don't feel at all right, flying a heli wtih loose blade grips, so I'll take it apart and fix it. I tested for in and out play, there's non, just up and down. After the first crash, I replaced with the Align feathering shaft and main shaft, their quality is top notch compared to the CopterX stuff, especially the featherhing shaft.

When you say the bearing races have wallowed out in the seat, do you mean that the blade grip itself has worn out inside, so the bearing sits loose? If I don't see any wearing of the anoded blue, that means it didn't wear, but could bent/deformed the opening bigger? I'll take a look and figure out what's loose, there are only 2 bearings, if the bearings are tight against the blade grips, and tight against the feathering shaft, and tight within itself, there won't be any play. I think I can let some CA wick in there to snug things up. What do you think of leaving oil on the surfaces so that the bearings won't get glued super tight in there? That way I can take them out if need be.

Before I replaced the main shaft bearings, I used CA to stop the play between the shaft and the bearings, it worked very well, and when I pulled the shaft, it came loose with a moderate smack. Flakes of CA that were between the shaft and bearing came loose, it did it's job of keeping the shaft from spinning or having play with the bearing, but still could be removed. That's hopefully what I can do about the play in the blade grips, now that I think of it, it's probably between the bearings and the shaft, rather than the bearings and the blade grips(The bearings are pretty tight fitting in the grips).

I ordered some new Bondhus(I heard they were good, we'll see when I get them) metric hex tools, their screw drivers(ball ends), and L-shaped keys, both ball ended and not. So hopefully they've arrived and I can use those to work on the feathing shaft, it requires a really good set of tools to work with. I've used cheap L-keys in the past and it's a mess, the keys would strip, and I'd have to grind down the ends to get a fresh key, they're cheap keys from Canadian Tire, STAY AWAY from cheap tools, the money you save is proportional to the headaches created.

I'll inspect tonight and see what I can discover.

Have a great day everyone!