RCU Forums - View Single Post - Viper 500 plane issues
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2008, 04:45 PM
DMyer
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Viper 500 plane issues

ORIGINAL: Ed Smith

It is a fact of life that an airplane has to be built properly to fly properly. On Incidence meter is not enough,

The pictures show my method of setting the Tail/Wing relationship on both a vee tail and a conventional tail. In all cases the bar of the meter must be parrallel to the fuselage centre line.

Ed S
Two Incidence meters are usually better (I also have two), however, I find it difficult due to the angles to get the incidence meter accurately on the V-tail stab. If the meter leading edge is lower or higher to the fuse longitudal plane the results will not be accurate... a problem not encountered with a flat stab. I prefer to drop a bubble on a flat spot in the center of the V if available, otherwise, I use a jig off the stab trailing edge. Do you do a that looks about right or is there a method to get the rear meter on straight? Just looking for a better way.

P.S. - nice shop... scary clean and organized... you need some balsa dust bags, tool boxes and several kits to explode all over to look like mine. Very jealous.