RCU Forums - View Single Post - Bob Cat Copy Falcon 120 Jet
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2008, 03:52 AM
tim777jet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Bob Cat Copy Falcon 120 Jet

On my 59th landing, i damaged my nose leg and ripped the L/H main gear assbly out of the wing. Made lovely smooth landing and during roll out model rolled down a small dip in the freshly mown grass and model became airbourne nose high, ran out of airspeed and dropped like a stone on the nose and left wing gear. I have repaired the the wing, very little damage and replaced the rear undercarriage bearers which split in half. The front bearers were perfect, just glued them back in. The euro kit front retract, had the pivot pin bent and this tore through the pins mounting hole. This is good, as it acts as weak point and saves damage to the fuselarge. Again 1 hours work machining up to bushes to repair the torn side of the unit, and all back flyable again.
Now i think my problem is that the I increased the length of nose leg to aid take off on the rough grass and think this is instrumental in lauching the model again if i hit a bump in grass during roll out, so will reduce it for next flight and see how i go
i have a cunning plan though, so read next post.
By the way, i tried three takeoffs from a tarmac strip, what a difference, bit of video below, the first attempt i held her on the brakes and manged to get throttle quite high up, and she accelerated really well and off in a short distance. The first bit of video is my second attempt without brakes and the second vid is with brakes on but didnt hold as well the first time so not quite as spritely.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=OacIksQgw1E