RCU Forums - View Single Post - futaba 9c conversion to 2.4
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2008, 07:47 AM
tahustvedt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: futaba 9c conversion to 2.4

ORIGINAL: bps

Pete, please do not think I was being critical. You did a very neat job and I like your conversion. Guess I was just thinking out loud from my perspective about the PCM's I have in my planes. However I spoke with a flying buddy this past week about a large scale he lost using PCM. No one else flying, it just rolled over and did it's own swan dive into balsa dust! This was a very experienced flier and was using tested equipment with an installation that was used on all of his large scale planes. Very disturbing. Has me thinking about just moving over to all 2.4!
The exact thing happened to me and one of my helicopters. That's what triggered me to upgrade to FASST. Also, I had been waiting for the TM-8 to come out and it had just been released at the time. I flew down along river for quite a distance, and just as I had started making a turn I lost contact, and the heli went into failsafe with 20% throttle and locked controls. It stayed that way until it hit the ground in the same attitude it held during the turn. I found out that about twice the distance of the helicopter from me down the river someone else was flying parkflyers at a football field.

That could possibly have happened with spektrum as well, because there are large warehouses in the way between us and the other group. The Spektrum system might have found a couple of frequencies it thought were available but when the plane climbs up to altitude and comes into line of sight with the other group of several Spektrum fliers which between them happen to occupy the same, or close to the same frequency it locks out. Unlikely, but possible. incredibly unlikely with FASST, however.