RCU Forums - View Single Post - A Traxxas Revo 3.3 or a Savage XL???
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2008, 11:06 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: A Traxxas Revo 3.3 or a Savage XL???

ORIGINAL: williams.cory

Thunderbird. I ain't DUMB. I know a little about these trucks. And I used O'Donnell.
RTR or Race blend?

THe truck really did rip when it ran, but that wasn't often. AND NO, most of it WASN'T my fauly. Call my LHS if you want. I'll give you there number. They didn't understand it either. The LHS guy even offered to take it home with him for a couple days and bash it and see if it breaks on him, and see if he can't figure it out. A lot of the time my LHS did a lot of work on it, and they have been in the buis. for a lot of years, so they know what they are doing.

Mspeed. I like your opion. I think I have my mind set on a Revo.
I really don't care that much. And it sounded like you had your mind made up in the first place, so why'd you even bother posting? Really easy to blame the truck, I suppose. All the problems I've had with my Savvy have been me-centric, so I guess my truck is really just a piece of crap?

I never said you were dumb, anyway. Savages have their tweaks that need to be done before they're run, and all the problems you had with yours...surprise surprise...show me that yours wasn't prepared for such things. Had you done your research, you would've known that diffs were a Savage weak point, as are spur gears (because of the clutch), and one-way bearings because of rotostart abuse.

Whatever you buy (I'd suggest an E-maxx, for simplicity's sake) I hope you have fun with it. And an LHS that doesn't understand the ins and outs of every truck they sell is not a good one.