RCU Forums - View Single Post - Nitromodels PREDATOR RQ-1B
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2008, 11:20 AM
blfischer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Nitromodels PREDATOR RQ-1B

I was just kidding about putting my extra one up for auction... I am keeping it.

As for my set-up, I put 4 hatches along the bottom - all the rx and co-pilot gear are distributed through the fuse. GPS and co-pilot sensors are on top. Currently I have a e-flite 480 with a CC 35amp esc w/CC BEC. I have a varioprop 5 blade with 8" speed blades - probably will have them at 7 or 8 degrees of pitch - will set them to max out at 30 amp burst. I am running a rudder and 2 servos for the elevators - no v-tail mixing as I have a co-pilot and the Dragon OSD autopilot to fly the thing when things go bad. I also am using a servoless retract front wheel - Not planning on having retracts, but the front wheel retract had steering built in and it looks good. Maybe takes up a little bit more room than just adding a steerable front nose gear, but I liked the clean packaging. All of this leaves a lot of room in the nose for the Dragon OSD, the camera tx, microphone, a TP2070 3S and a 800 2S to run the electronics. I am hanging the camera underneath in front of the front wheel... it is housed in a webcam round enclosure.

It is hard to get time to finish it (2 kids 4 & 2), but it's close. I will post pix soon.