RCU Forums - View Single Post - OS .32 MUSTANG!!
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2008, 05:35 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: OS .32 MUSTANG!!

You're welcome, Strykass. Running a high pressure bladder takes the fuel tank level problem out of the equation..it works in reverse actually. As the bladder empties, the walls of the latex tubing return to their original thickness and fuel pressure goes up slightly, plus it is less affected by G forces. This can back fire if you over inflate or use an old bladder........or get "sold" on a needle setting before the engine is warm.
Finally, I do believe that not running enough oil compounds the problems and you might as well keep adding oil to the mix until you see ill effects, then back off.
VG, one of the local "greats" has MKIIIs with so many miles on them he has to Locktite the bearings to the case. An old guy gave me a box full of olden Fox engines and there was an ancestor to the 36X in there. It had the square intake, but kind of looked like a genetic mutant 35 stunt [baffle] engine. It totally screamed! It wore itself out because of rust, but was easily capable of 100 mph way back before I was born.