RCU Forums - View Single Post - Nitromodels PREDATOR RQ-1B
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2008, 01:20 AM
GenesisFactor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Nitromodels PREDATOR RQ-1B

You're telling me. If not for the forum, i wouldn't have any hope and have given up on this frame a while ago. Then agian, if not for this forum, i wouldn't really have much of anything.

After consulting with a few key and highly knowledgable people, i pretty much got it to the point i'm making mass purchases. I think the only parts that i slightly regret buying are my servos as they have plastic gears. I bought them for their 2kg pull. That and they were a 5 pack. That should have been my first clue though...

I'm going to PM you a link. Talk to the guy, tell him i sent you, offer him a fair price. with a 9x6E prop, and an 11.1 lipo. the motor will give you 32oz of thrust. With a 10x5E (which takes modding your landing gear) it will be 37. This will be at 15Amps and 165W. Give it a 14 lipo, you're looking at 50oz of thrust with that 9x6E. I learned that the flying weight is the assumed weight of all the electronics and everything needed to make the plane go (i didn't know that), so yeah, deduct that from everything. Mine, i rounded up to 4lbs. I am hoping that i win a broken micro HD video camera on ebay to gut and i'll get rid of that 1lbs lens.

anyways, PM on the way!