RCU Forums - View Single Post - Futaba 608FS reciever locout/failure due to heat
Old 06-23-2008, 08:53 PM
craigteffe
My Feedback: (24)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Futaba 608FS reciever locout/failure due to heat

ORIGINAL: sfsjkid

ORIGINAL: craigteffe

Craig,

With a gasser I insist on having an optical ignition cutoff just for this sort of "runaway" and would have saved the day in this case. When I'm real good I'll also put a return spring with a digital servo which cuts the throttle even with no power applied. Also, under no circumstances will I allow a clear canopy over my radio compartment which I feel is a great green house to produce extreme temperatures under the sun. As others have commented, details on the actual "failure" are rather sparse but just wanted to comment that there were additional measures that could have been taken.
Since nothing was responding the opticle cuttoff did not work. The reciever had failed nothing would work. Untill the temp went to 125 to 130 degrees then everything started working again.

You're correct, the optical cutoff shouldn't have worked under those conditions and therefore ignition would be cutoff too. No signal=no ignition.

See, http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/a...article_id=375

Since Craig seemed to have missed this (ie my last comment), I'm going to "bump" this just once. Thanks for your understanding.
You would think so but when you get the red light you loose all control but the servos still have votage on them so the cutoff would not cutoff. He uses the fiber optic ignition kill not sure which one.